“Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.” – Dali Lama
In our personal and professional lives, we regularly encounter circumstances that interfere with our peace of mind and test our patience and character. Facing tough decisions is part of the normal course of being a parent, spouse, coach, son or daughter, colleague, advisor, and business associate. At Towerpoint Wealth, we believe that self-esteem, fulfillment, and resilience are nurtured by acting in accordance with a set of core life values. Strong values are central to Towerpoint Wealth’s internal belief system, central to the wealth management planning we do with clients, and almost always, central to the internal beliefs of our clients. Our values form the cornerstone for the wealth management planning and work we do with clients, and directly influence and shape our priorities, reactions, and counsel. They serve as markers to tell each of us if our lives are heading in the right direction.
We strive to help each of our clients achieve, and then maintain, their financial independence. When a client has a customized financial and wealth management plan created in alignment with the unique vision they have for their future, we have aligned our actions with our values. Our peace of mind matches that of our clients. Life is balanced and we feel satisfied, content, and confident.
The values most central to Towerpoint Wealth’s internal belief system can be described this way:
- Integrity. Acting with integrity is following the rules you establish for yourself and to which you hold others. Integrity is adhering to moral and ethical principles and having a high level of honesty, moral commitments, and willingness to do what’s right.
- Commitment. Commitment shows loyalty and it can show bravery and tenacity as well. A commitment is a promise made and an expectation we have created. Honoring our commitments can make the difference between achieving what’s most important to us, or feeling disappointed and defeated.
- Honesty. To live authentically keeps our hearts and souls pure and our minds free of doubt or uncertainty. When we are honest, we know we are doing the right things. When we are honest, we are truthful and sincere. We can be relied on and are trustworthy, which builds trust with others.
- Compassion. We are all part of this thing called the human condition. No doubt we have different skin colors, religious preferences and political points-of-view, but at the end of the day, we still need to take care of one another.
- Gratitude. It is with a grateful heart that helps us to see so much abundance in our lives. Our value of gratitude reminds us that what we have today can quickly be taken away tomorrow.
- Friendship. Friends support us and they provide an unfiltered view of our actions when asked. Friends sustain us through difficult periods and join us for the events we celebrate.
- Love. Love is a special feeling about something or someone that is important to you; a feeling that generates care and kindness, a smile, a kind word or a thoughtful act. The presence of love in our life, the love we have for our families, our friends, our faith and for ourselves, is the single most important source of light and energy we can tap into when it is needed for ourselves or others.
- Hope. Hope is the fuel that keeps us moving forward when we are the most tired. Hope reassures us that sometimes it’s not a matter of if but only when.
- Devotion. Some days are just better than others. It’s the same way in our interpersonal relationships and in our faith. Things can get unstable at times, but staying devoted to a cause or to a person through the uncertain times is our rock to grasp when our faith and our foundation is shaky.