Take the Bait or Be Patient and Wait?
When it comes to deciding at what age you elect to initiate your Social Security benefit, waiting can make all the difference.
We have found that many investors are tempted to take Social Security early, before their full retirement age (FRA), even as early as age 62. However, giving in to this temptation can oftentimes be a costly one.
Obviously everyone has unique personal and economic circumstances, and sometimes either life expectancy considerations or current cash flow needs can influence the decision on how and when to take Social Security. However, waiting to claim your benefit can pay off handsomely for years to come. Nothing is easy when it comes to the government, and Social Security is no exception. There are a myriad of considerations and variables involved in the oftentimes multi-tiered decision, and we firmly believe that optimizing a Social Security election strategy is essential for maximizing the economic benefits to our clients. We encourage you to contact us to better understand and plan for this very nuanced and important lifetime financial decision.
New Summer Intern and Philly cheesesteak breakfast at Towerpoint Wealth
We are pleased to welcome our new summer Wealth Management Intern, Alex Poulos, to the Towerpoint Wealth family. Alex comes to us from University of California, Davis, where he will be a senior this fall looking to complete his BS in Managerial Economics (and minor in Statistical Data Science). Alex is also treasurer of his fraternity, Theta Chi, and enjoys weightlifting and sprint cycling in his free time. We are very excited to have him on board, so please be sure to give Alex a warm hello and help us welcome him with open arms!
It did not take long for Alex to ingratiate himself into Towerpoint Wealth’s culture last week, as the TPW family enjoyed a breakfast of authentic Tony Luke’s cheesesteaks, flown in from South Philadelphia in advance of the Independence Day holiday!
Aside from a complicated government benefit program and a cholesterol-laced breakfast party, a number of trending and notable events have occurred over the past two weeks:
- The first Democratic debate of 2019 – a two night affair
- Lee Iacocca, American automobile executive, dead at 94
- Nike pulls Betsy Ross Flag sneakers after Colin Kaepernick criticism
- Independence Day, 2019
- A pair of powerful earthquakes strike Southern California
- Wealthy financier Jeffrey Epstein is arrested on sex trafficking charges
- U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team wins its second consecutive World Cup
- 15-year-old American Coco Gauff’s magical Wimbledon run ends with fourth round loss
Lastly, please take three or four minutes to review the curated content found below, highlighted by:
- Our most recent June 2019 Monthly Market Lookback publication, “All Along the Watchtower“
- A white paper discussing what was socially responsible investing, now called environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investing.
We encourage you to reach out to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions, concerns, or needs you have. The world continues to be an extremely complicated place. We are here for you, and look forward to connecting with, helping, and being a direct, fully independent, and objective expert financial resource for you.