Surviving the Great Indoors!
We hope this edition of Trending Today finds you safe and healthy during this universally disrupted and challenging time. However, it is always important to maintain levity and find humor within these temporary circumstances:
At Towerpoint Wealth, we have been relentless in communicating with and directly helping clients and colleagues navigate the myriad of financial considerations, risks, and opportunities during these extremely uncertain times, and remain steadfast in helping you reach the goal of achieving complete economic peace of mind. For some specific perspectives on what is happening in the world of finance and the markets, we have included two excellent resources at the bottom of this email. Additionally, our President, Joseph Eschleman, was recently featured in a coronavirus-focused profile on AdvisorHub – click HERE to read the article and see what he had to say.
However, we would also like to try to give you a little personal peace of mind. The jokes about toilet paper are wearing thin, we are frustrated we still cannot sit in our favorite restaurants, breweries, and wineries, and saddened that our trips have been cancelled and our health clubs closed. While all signs point to quarantine being the right thing to do, it is also important to recognize how difficult, challenging, tiresome, and exasperating this all is.
Queen Elizabeth II, whose son and Prime Minister both have the virus, said: “Though self-isolating may at times be hard, many people of all faiths, and of none, are discovering that it presents an opportunity to slow down, pause, and reflect.”
So in lieu of serving up a heavy dose of COVID-19 and economic commentary, we felt taking a different approach to this edition of Trending Today would be useful and fun. Below you will find a vast array of resources meant to help ease some of your physical and emotional discomforts, and perhaps help you to still enjoy that favorite meal, workout, museum, or concert!
What have we left off? Please email us at email@example.com with your own ideas, resources, etc. – we would love to hear from you, and crowdsource v2.0 of this list!
Food Delivery Services
Farmer’s markets – They’re open!
- 50 Best TV Shows on Netflix Right Now
- The Best Movies on Amazon Prime Video Right Now
- 50 Best Things to Watch on Disney+ Right Now
- Free Online Movies from the Banff Film Festival
- 10 Best Movie Musicals You Can Watch for Free at Home
- The 20 Best TV Dramas Since ‘The Sopranos’
Music / Podcasts
- Updated guide of all the livestreams and virtual concerts to watch during the Coronavirus crisis
- Metallica is streaming full live shows each Monday
- 10 full concerts you can watch on YouTube to get the live experience
- 21 underrated guitar solos you need to hear
- 50 Best Podcasts of 2019
Mental Health & Brain Games
- Dr. Judson A. Brewer offers a brain hack to stop the cycle of coronavirus anxiety
- “Parents Need Stress Relief Too”
- Good Housekeeping, 6 Ways to Manage Coronavirus Anxiety
- Free at-home IQ test
- Mission Lean App | Strength, Cardio, HIIT
- Down Dog | Yoga
- Daily Burn | HIIT, Barre, Strength, Cardio
- Keelo | Strength
- Fitting Room On Demand | Weights, Strength, Toning
- POPSUGAR Fitness | HIIT, Abs
- CorePower Yoga | Yoga, Sculpt
- Aaptiv | Strength, Yoga, Outdoor Running
- FitnessBlender | HIIT, Cardio
- The Sculpt Society | Dance, Sculpt, Tone
- 18 Free Educational Resources for Kids at Home
- Crafts, cooking, and science projects
- Activities for Kids from LIVE Science
- STEAM Activity Guide
- Virtual Story Times
- Lunch Doodle with illustrator Mo Willems: Fun daily art lessons at 1pm ET
- Scholastic Kids: Free activities and educational segments for kids
- GoNoodle – Keep kids active and entertained
- Storyline Online: Watch famous actors read kids’ books out loud
- Cosmic Yoga for kids: Yoga, relaxation and mindfulness all designed for kids
- Brightly: Reading fun for kids divided by ages
- Adventures in Familyhood: 20 Virtual field trips to take with your kids
Online Museum & Zoo Tours
- 12 Famous Museums Offering Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch
- The National Zoo
- The Louvre
- The MoMa
- American Museum of Natural History
- Art Institute of Chicago
- Cincinnati Zoo Home Safari: New animal featured every day at 3pm ET on Facebook
- Backyard/driveway baseball and softball drills I
- Backyard/driveway baseball and softball drills II
- Backyard/driveway basketball drills I
- Backyard/driveway basketball drills II
- 13 easy recipes we’re cooking in quarantine
- How to Smartly Use Your Stocked Pantry
- 30 Recipes for Lunch at Home
- 10 Amazing Virtual Road Trips You Can Take on Google Street View – You just have to make sure you aim your pointer at the end of the road before clicking to move forward on the road, so you advance at a good virtual “speed” 😊)
- Photo collections from every state in the U.S.
To paraphrase The Queen: It is important to take comfort that, though we have more to endure, better days are set to return. We will be with our full families again. We will be with our friends and colleagues again. And we will be together again. As always, we sincerely value our relationships and partnerships with each of you, as well as your trust and confidence in us here at Towerpoint Wealth. We encourage you to reach out to us any time (916-405-9140, firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions, concerns, or needs you may have. The world continues to be an extremely complicated place, and we are here for you.