President Joseph Eschleman Discusses the 2022 Midterm Elections on ABC10 11.8.2022
Connecting with ABC10 evening anchor Lora Painter for a productive interview ahead of the 2022 midterm elections, Joseph weighed in last night with some key points and considerations, specifically touching upon exactly how much impact elections can have on your finances. Joe and Lora’s discussion points included:
- How major elections can be very emotional for voters, and how emotions can drive people to make poor investment decisions.
- Why it is probably a mistake to let the result of the 2022 midterm elections dictate your longer-term investment decisions.
- Why it is normal to be emotional – as human beings, we’re wired this way!
- History suggests that the overall stock market does not have a preferred political party, and has tended to do well over time regardless of the party in power.
- It is essential to have a well-thought-out financial, investment, and retirement plan, and to be disciplined in following it, independent of whether the Democrats or the Republicans take control of the House and the Senate.