‘Helping You Relax During the Season of Tax’
It’s that tiiiiiime
And while the data is a few years old, the unfortunate message contained below about the six billion (!) hours that Americans spend annually preparing our income taxes still resonates:
With that being said, we can think of no better time of year during which the Towerpoint Wealth mission statement better applies:
Helping you achieve economic peace of mind by properly coordinating all of your financial affairs.
When it comes to doing your taxes, we are here for you. And while we recognize that we cannot completely eliminate the stress associated with preparing your income tax returns, we stand ready to directly interface and work closely with you, and with your tax advisor, to reduce your anxiety and help to make this stressful time of year as bearable as possible.
This edition of Trending Today has been assembled specifically to be a central repository of useful and pertinent income tax resources for you, and we trust you (and/or your tax advisor) will not hesitate to call (916-405-9140) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) us with any questions, issues, speed-bumps, or problems you may encounter.
Tax Season Officially Begins!
Tax season officially began Monday, January 27th. Below you will find four important tips and resources if you are a client of Towerpoint Wealth, or the tax advisor of one of our clients:
- The early bird may not get the worm! We advise you to please expect to receive amended 1099’s, and to consider actually filing closer to the April 15, 2020 deadline. We have no control over if, or when, amended 1099’s are issued, but they present a clear problem to those who file early. If you are a “tax early bird,” please click HERE to read about the pitfalls to avoid when filing early.
- Noting the above, all Charles Schwab 1099’s, as they become available, are downloadable within your online SchwabAlliance client portal, via Schwab’s 1099 Dashboard, which provides a quick, personalized way to view the expected availability dates of 1099 Composite forms for Towerpoint Wealth client accounts that had taxable activity in 2019:
Note: If you do not have access to your online SchwabAlliance client portal, please contact our Director of Client Experience, James Keefe (916-405-9164 | email@example.com), for assistance.
- Alternatively, you may enter your Black Diamond secure document vault for immediate access to:
- All of your Schwab 1099’s, including any amendments
- All of your Schwab/Towerpoint Wealth monthly account statements
- Your updated customized comprehensive net worth and portfolio diversification analyses (on a quarterly basis):
- Our Director of Tax and Financial Planning, Steve Pitchford, stands ready to provide direct assistance and service to both our clients, and their tax advisors, regarding any tax-related question, “speed-bump,” or need. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Steve at any time (916-405-9166 | firstname.lastname@example.org).
Lori Heppner now TPW’s Director of Operations
While she is still and will always be our smart, sweet, sincere, and talented Lori, she is now our Director of Operations instead of our Director of Client Service.
While her myriad responsibilities will remain the same (and thank goodness she puts up with all of us at TPW!), we feel the title Director of Operations more accurately reflects Lori’s role here at the firm. Bottom line, please do not hesitate to reach out to her (916-405-9160 | email@example.com) with any questions or needs.
Coach Wooden’s “Pyramid of Success”
For legendary coach John Wooden, “being at your best when your best was needed” was just as important in the game of life as it was in the game of basketball. Coach Wooden’s Pyramid of Success is his 15 building block initiative in the form of a pyramid.
Just as Coach Wooden will forever be in the sports history books for leading UCLA men’s basketball teams to an unprecedented 10 NCAA Championships in 12 years (1964-75), his Pyramid of Success has set the standard for corporate leaders in the business world and for many of us in the world of life.
In addition to prepping for taxes and reaching for our personal bests, a number of trending and notable events occurred over the past few weeks:
- Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy
- NASCAR driver Ryan Newman, who has 18 Cup Series wins, is recovering after a fiery crash taken while leading the final lap of the Daytona 500
- The coronavirus COVID-19 has multiplied more rapidly than any infectious disease in recent memory
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, buys the Warner Estate from David Geffen for a record $165 million, shattering California record
- Copious rainfall in Australia helps to put out the fires but creates other problems
- Sacramento’s own McClatchy, a major newspaper company, files for bankruptcy
Lastly and as always, we sincerely value our relationships and partnerships with each of you, as well as your trust and confidence in us here at Towerpoint Wealth, and encourage you to reach out to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions, concerns, or needs you may have. The world continues to be an extremely complicated place. We are here for you, and look forward to connecting with, helping, and being a direct, fully independent, and objective expert financial resource for you.